Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Moment 23 - Me, The Farmer

Even though I grew up in the province where planting and growing of native crops are the common means of earning an income and raising a family, I never had a chance to actually engaged in clearing a field from wild grasses nor harvesting rice using a knife. Since it is a dangerous activity and should not be taken lightly, I was forbidden to use it and engage in similar activities.

This picture was taken at Calawit in Taal Volcano after our visit to Taal Lake's crater. Since there was a graduation thanksgiving and a celebration, we were resting that time waiting for lunch to be served by the family of the barangay captain. Milon, one of our tour guides, handed me his knife, made me pose, and he took this picture of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment