Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Moment 1 - Heavy Load



This picture was taken at Wawa dam in Montalban, Rizal. Honestly, it was not my first time to see people carrying heavy loads from the top of the mountain all the way down to the market place.

It could be extra rewarding if these people are actually carrying their own produce but at times, they are simply being hired to carry them and the pay for this kind of back breaking job is not really that rewarding.

I have to admit that I always admire people who are doing odd jobs and heavy work in order to earn an honest living. Since work is scarce and money is hard to earn, some people don't mind at all the tough and burdensome job just to earn some amount.

This kind of scenario makes me extra grateful about my life and my work. I really can't imagine myself engaging in this kind of activity and for sure, I can't be in their shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment