Friday, February 14, 2014

Poem 161 - Journey

It's two minutes past midnight
darkness yearns me to see some light
I'm in the middle of nowhere and all alone
I'm going home towards my bastion.

The destination is certain but the path is unknown
There's no telling if I'll ever make it on my own
I can only hope for a safe passage within this journey
And make it home by the first light of the day.

Home is where my heart and soul belong
It is like my all time favorite song
Its melody is soothing and a comfort to my soul
It is my everything or nothing at all.

So, here I am staring at a starry sky
Wishing at the stars to keep my spirit high
Hoping this journey will further strengthen me
And defy all odds along my way.

It is with great hope and aspiration
To my home I will always gladly return
My home makes my whole and sturdy
It makes me fight for this life with all its agony and glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment