Sunday, March 23, 2014

Food Trip 166 - Tapsilog

A friend introduced me into an eatery where he finds food good and at the same time, cheap.

We were scouting the area for some machines and related peripherals.  After more than an hour of roaming around, we were already through of our task that day.  Since I woke up late that morning, I was not able to eat my breakfast and it was already past lunch and my stomach was already begging for some food.  As we crossed one street after another, the eateries along the way were not that pleasing.  Though I thought my friend as a cowboy, he is also choosy when it comes with food.  He considers the cleanliness of the place and of the food being serve.  For this reason, we hop from one eatery to another until he saw a familiar establishment.

With pride, he told me that the food in that particular eatery is good if not superb.  Once seated, I asked the food server about their best seller and he gladly replied that it is tapsilog.  I guess it is a comfort food for me and without hesitation I ordered a serving of their tapsilog.  My friend opted another dish.

The taplisog serving is modest.  One cup of garlic rice, a sunny side up egg, and tapa.  Almost all eateries offer tapsilog and the quantity of their food servings are almost similar.  But the big difference is its quality and taste.

I actually did not expect a serving of garlic rice since I know that garlic rice is a bit expensive.  I am a bit surprised to find out that their extra rice costs 12 pesos only which is far cheaper compared with 20 pesos plain rice from other eateries.  

And their tapa?  The taste was superb. The beef was very tender and the strand was intact.  Its taste lingers in the mouth and a strand could mean a spoonful of rice.  Even if I was dead hungry that time, I did not manage to order an extra rice since I am trying to cut down my carbo intake.  But I guess I will find time to go back there because their tapsilog is one of the best tasting tapsilog in town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment