Sunday, March 2, 2014

Food Trip 163 - Kabayan

There are some simple things in life that bring us happiness.

There is a bakery store within our neighborhood that sells 'kabayan' bread.  'Kabayan' bread is similar to a muffin.  Before, I used to shy away from this kind of bread may be because the ones I have tasted before left some unwanted aftertaste.  But the moment I tried eating again this one from the nearby bakeshop, it is like a resurrected gusto once again.

Whenever I order several pieces of this bread, I would always request from the sales lady a toasted one. When I mean toasted, I refer to the dark ones because it really taste good.  The sales lady also commented that there are also some patrons like me that prefer a toasted 'kabayan' bread because of its distinct taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment