Sunday, March 16, 2014

Food Trip 165 - Lechon

For a number of times, I passed along that part of Quezon City where mouthwatering lechons line up the street.  I always wanter to have a picture taken along with them.

One time, a friend toured me within the vicinity of the lechon establishments.  I guess that time was not their peak season since minimal lechons were on display.  Most likely by December, the whole place will be busy once again due to the demand and the growing appetite of food lovers especially Christmas party will be held left and right during this month.

Someone told me before that if you are going to order a whole pork lechon, you should not get the one on display along the sidewalk.  First, eventhough they may claim that it is freshly prepared, you will never be sure if it is a left over and simply reheated.  second, it is much better to get something off their cooking area which you see with your own eyes and not the one being displayed along the sidewalk.  The lechons along the sidewalk are not protected against different harmful elements even if it looks mouthwatering.

I promised my friend that one time, when life becomes a little easy for us, we will endulge ourselves with one whole lechon.  Wish...wish...wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment