Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Moment 159 - Crab

While we were swimming, a friend took noticed of a hole in the sand beneath the water.  He took his time looking at the hole and he exclaimed that a resident crab was inside the hole.  We joined him and patiently waited for the crab to show but it seemed the crab was a shy one.

When we transferred to another location and killing some time while enjoying our take at the beach, a lady friend almost bumped her head at the hanging limestone wall where we opted to stay.  The reason for her excitement was the crab that went out of the water and most likely it was looking for something to eat.  When the crab went to our midst, we were almost whispering to one another in order to make the crab stay.  

Since some movements among us could not be avoided, the crab started to dug in the sand in order to hide itself.  If you happened not to see the crab, you will not see it because its color is similar to the color of the sand.  Fortunately, I was quick enough with my camera and I was able to take a picture of that crab.  Or should I say, the crab barely winked while looking straight at me figuring out what I was doing thus giving me enough time to take a picture of it.  After lifting the camera off its face, the
crab dug the sand as fast as it could and hid itself as if we did not knew it was there.  Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment