Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Moment 158 - Tarantula

I have a friend who is really good in raising animals.  He only discovered his gift some few years back.  After some time, he begins to raise different animals with breed together with some exotic insects.

Every time I go to his place, the very first thing that I will do is to examine all his pets especially the caged one.  His place is like a mini-pet shop.  He said that if he only has a bigger space, he would like to expand his collection.  And why not?  During rough times, his pets provide him some financial relief.  He said that it is rewarding especially if you own some rare species.

One time, he showed me a tarantula which he raised for some time.  He proudly said that it was still so small when he got that one and that particular time it was already so big.  He even lifted the spider out of its glass cage and showed it to me.  He said that he is somewhat immuned of the poison coming from the spider's hairs every time the spider got threatened.  And somehow, the spider gets to recognize him.

As much as I wanted to touch a spider that big, the fear of its bite as well as the poison coming from its hairs is not a welcome thought for me.  I have no allergies when it comes to spiders but with a tarantula, I really cannot tell.  I just content myself getting a close up picture of the insect and barely touching that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment