Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Moment 157 - Smoking

When I was younger but working already, I did try to smoke.  

I had a co-worker and a close friend during that time who smoke from time to time.  He is not a chain smoker because he used to finish a couple of sticks only for a day.  I guess it was already part of his routine, especially after having lunch, to light up a stick of cigarette.

When I was still a kid, my older brother who was a smoker also used to warn me about smoking.  Though he could not stop smoking that time (eventually he stopped after so many years), he would sternly warn me about taking a cigarette.  He would tell me to better drink liquors rather than taking a cigarette. Most likely, he already knew that smoking is not a good habit after all.

Going back to my co-worker and friend, he did not enticed me to smoke.  What made me tried to taste a cigarette was the plain idea about the way he would hold the cigarette between his fingers.  Even if he was not lighting that one, he was really good at it and it seemed cool to me.  It was like a kind of "statement" and he was sending that kind of message to me.  

Out of the blue, I tried one.  But after a couple of puff, I threw it away.  I could not withstand the smoke, the awful smell of my fingers, and the coughing because it made my throat dry.  I guess, smoking is not really my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment