Sunday, April 6, 2014

Food Trip 168 - Bibingka

Bibingka is a native delicacy that is available the whole year round.  Oftentimes, food stalls selling bibingkas and other similar delicacies could be encountered in almost every nook the moment the "ber" months are in.

We were waiting for a jeepney ride and in a street corner, there was this stall selling bibingka and puto bumbong.  The bibingka smells good though they had started cooking that one.  We wanted to taste their so-called special bibingka but there was already someone waiting for several orders of that stuff.  Since we could not wait any longer, we deferred our craving.

In the course of our conversation, I asked the lady vendor what made their bibingka special.  She proudly answered that their bibingka has salted egg.  In that case, I told her that I am also special because I have the same stuff as well.  The man waiting for his orders of bibingka could not help but to laugh upon hearing my joke.  The lady vendor looked at me a bit puzzled.  Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment