Monday, November 5, 2012

Random Thought 95 - Keeping a Distance

The other day, an acquaintance approached me and asked me why I am no longer visible.  

There are relationships that are worth nurturing and there are some relationships that don't hold that much water.  In the same manner, there are some people whom we would like to spend some time with where we can openly share our soul and there are those who are simply familiar faces in our every day affairs.

I have learned a wisdom about keeping some distance with people whom are labeled as user friendly and self-serving.  I guess it is a polite gesture to let them know that I am not the kind of person whom they can use at their disposal nor I can lick their assess every time they tell me to do so.  Yes!  Such kind of people do exist and they may be around us for quite some time.

Also, in order to protect some associations, keeping some distance on some particular sensitive matters may help preserve the relationship.  That is, as long as the issue is not yet settled and there is a cloud of doubt with certain personalities, keeping some distance may be a wise decision in order not to sacrifice any remaining personal relationship towards those people.


No comments:

Post a Comment