Friday, November 23, 2012

Poem 97 - End of Summer

It was the end of summer
When she walked away from me
I was searching for the reasons
Why she suddenly left me.

We were still okay then
Before the end of summer
No quarrels, no tensions
Just our sweet time together.

I tried to seek some answers
Why she left without saying goodbye
I have no clues at all
And I am still wondering why.

It was the end of summer
When it started to rain
The raindrops got me wet
But my heart died again.

I was out in the open
When I got soaked in the rain
I got relieved from the heat
But not with my heart's pain.

I did not bother to seek shelter
It was much better out here in the open
So that no one would ever notice
My sufferings blending with the rain.

It was the end of summer
When my heartbreak was unforeseen
Just like with the sudden downpour
The sun was up and yet it rain.




No comments:

Post a Comment