Sunday, December 23, 2012

Food Trip 101 - Beef Pares

I had been contemplating for so long about what a beef pares really tastes like.   For quite some time, I made several attempts to try it but something always hindered my plan.  I know that I tasted that dish before but I just can't exactly recall.

It was close to midnight and on my way home, I decided to give it a try.  Though I had my fill that evening, still, my craving for a beef pares meal persisted.  And I dropped by at the newly opened Pares Mami House in Espana.

I immediately ordered a beef pares meal which include a free soup and a good serving of garlic rice.  The soup was good and the taste of beef pares was great. 

I have this attitude towards food. When I am eating, I want to savor for a while the taste of the food and I don't mind spending some extra time on the table.  I am not fond of eating in a hurried manner because I felt that I will never enjoy my food and get satisfied afterwards.  Thus, I really killed some time just to have that good feel about this food.

Even if I had my early dinner that night, I ended up ordering an extra serving of a garlic rice because I felt that I could not afford to consume the remaining serving of beef pares without any rice.  And I went home almost bursting my stomach in fulfillment.  Haha.  The sin of gluttony.

No comments:

Post a Comment