Sunday, September 30, 2012

Food Trip 89 - Fried Chicken Skin

Fried chicken skin is one of the popular street food in the busy city streets of the country.  

Along with the growing population is also the demand for food.  Through time, the ingenuity of people about food is always surprising.  Who could have thought of raising a chicken purely made of skins? Haha

Kidding aside, the taste of crispy and tasty fried chicken skin cannot be questioned.  Anyone who is a meat lover will definitely give in to the temptation of fried chicken skin.  And with the growing number of vendors of this stuff, fried chicken skin becomes readily available at a reasonable price.

I, too, had my moments with this food.  A modest serving of rice or two, and an order of fried chicken skin made me survive a day with minimal spending.  Truly, it was a great help during those days when I was trying to make both ends meet.

But my glory days of enjoying the fried chicken skin was cut short because a friend of mine warned me about the ill effects of this food.  The cholesterol of her father who is also fond of this food rose to an alarming level.  It was scary because her father had to undergo some expensive medications.  Since I was afraid to suffer the same fate, I disassociate myself with this kind of food right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment